It isn't normal weather for Seattle to be wake up at 3 am to booms of thunder. Saturday morning we woke up to a light show in the sky. Sunday night we did too, only not as dramatic. And last night, as I tried to go to sleep, there was thunder far off in the distance. We had about 3 days of really warm weather in the 90's. Sunday we woke up to overcast skies and weather in the 70's. What a change! Many that melt here in the warm weather were happy to see rain falling again.
Ellensburg was nice. The weather there wasn't too different than here. It was interesting going over the mountain pass home. At one point we were in fog and couldn't see but about 50 ft in front of us. When we got to Ellensburg, we had lunch before her interview at the TAV. It is one of the local hangouts known by us for it's great salads. Renee's interview lasted for about an hour and a half. I entertained myself in many ways. I went into the bookstore at the college and bought Dave's birthday card, bought a calendar (one of my weaknesses), and a journal that was on sale for Renee to write little things in that her new baby daughter does... or her 5 year old son. She had told me that she thought she should do that... so I thought she should too, so I bought her something. I think Renee's interview went well. I think she will find out on Friday when she drives back again for a meeting.
Before I met up with Renee, I had stopped at the new daycare we are going to put the boys. We are also working on where they will be going to school. Brady has "Child Find" and Riley "Kindergarten". One school has kindergarten for a few hours, where the other has it for 6 hours. Riley's birthday is only 2 days from the cut off date here for starting kindergarten. In California, the cut off date is in December which would have put him off for another year before going to elementary school. He has been assessed and he is "kindergarten ready". But he is still young. So is it best to have him go a few hours? Or long? We are leaning to a few hours in kindergarten and more in daycare. But, still not 100% sure. Tomorrow we will find out more.
1 comment:
Good Morning on this Tuesday, Sounds like you had a very nice day yesterday. Brit is coming over to work later, and we are going to Target to get the few things we did not get the other day.Then I really need to go to Kaiser and find out why my small left hand finger is numb. Weird Huh?Pinched nerve I suppose, but for two weeks? Talk to you later. Love Mom
Post a Comment