Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quirks


Yesterday on Darylynn's post she was challenged by Pam from Splashes of Joy to name six personal quirks. Then I saw that Jules was able to list her six. I have been thinking about this since so I am going to give it a try:

1. I don't eat cake and ice cream together because it makes the cake wet and cold. So I end up eating only one or the other.
2. I won't eat left overs over a day old. I think that it doesn't taste very good. I use to but not now.
3. I have a little battery radio with ear buds next to my bed. If I wake up in the middle of the night and want to listen to the radio or TV, I can use them to listen and keep my eyes closed. If I fall asleep it will fall out of my ear. I started having nights were I couldn't sleep when I started going through the "change". It has really helped me relax and fall back to sleep.
4. Normally I like happy stories or some dramas. But, although I am not a fan of Science Fiction, I like ghost stories. Some things have also happened to me that I can explain a few times in my life. I also like stories that have to do with going back into history by time travel.
5. Which leads me to history... I like knowing historical facts, especially about my family. My great grandfather is mentioned on the web... (he died long before anything like the web could even be imagined and would be surprised). I tells me a lot about my father's mother's side of the family. You can check it out HERE. That may not seem that quirky... but don't get me talking about anything regarding this subject because it is one of my favorite subjects. I will even try to work it into a conversation somehow. (Now I don't have to here)
6. I enjoy some of the day time shows when I am home during the week and run the TV even if I am not in front of it watching it: I have been off and on "watching" Days of Our Lives since the 60's with my grandmother (on my mom's side). When I hear the show open with the hour glass, I have tears come up in my eyes because it is such a strong memory of her. For a couple of minutes I can go back into time without time travel :-) Other shows I like are The View, Regis and Kelly, Ellen, Martha Stuart, and Rachael Ray. I feel like it is a treat like when I was a kid and got to stay home and watch TV.
7. Extra Credit: Completes the task going beyond what's needed.
8. Won't answer my cell phone to anyone that isn't listed in the phone. They have to leave a message and a number, then I will call back.
9. I like to research and learn about topics. I Googled "Quirks" and decided I should adopt some to keep from eating some of the things I want to eat while I am trying to lose weight. Here is an interesting article about Food Quirks. I never have heard of dropping peanuts into coke. In California I use to think that peanut butter sandwiches should have avocado in them too. Also, dill pickles are good with peanut butter too.
10. I really won't really get serious about anything... such as losing weight until I get ticked about it. It seems that my Irish temper helps to get me to where I want to go. But until that happens, I can still be not as dedicated. Dumb, I know. I am trying to out grow that because I should just do things because it is the right thing to do.

Today I am home because Riley is still ill. He is feeling better though but the daycare won't let them back until 24 hours have passed from a fever. I really haven't got much sleep either. I can't sleep during the day... but at least I can take it easier than in my regular routine. So, like Denise, there isn't much to post. It isn't even threating to snow.

So, guess that will do for today... have a good one. Hugs.

No comments: