Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Brother Jon

Jon

OK, the "look" is for me. He was letting me know that he doesn't like his picture taken. Like a true sister, that didn't stop me from taking his picture. Here in this photo he is cleaning and straightening Eva's garage. He is a great handyman and his VERY organized. He has a special "touch"... a mess would look good if he just touched it. Do you know what I mean? For those of you that are keeping score, I have two brothers. I am the oldest; Jon is four years younger; David is ten years younger; and Krista (died at age 20, 1992) was 16 years younger than me. I was born in 1955, during the Happy Days era. Disneyland opened that year too. Both of my brothers have a great sense of humor. David is really quick and can rapid fire off jokes. Jon is more quite and more sarcastic... but very fun to be around. They could have both been comedians.

In True Sisterly Fashion... I took another picture for good measure. All of that stuff was neatly gone through and stored by the time I came back again. Good job Jon, looking out for Eva.

Last night when I spoke to my mom she sounded very tired and old. I hope she doesn't read this (although I don't think she will in the hospital). She said that the test they gave her, where they take a tube and with a camera to look for bleeding, went well. We will not know what the results are until tomorrow. She said that if there isn't anything there, they will go "the other way" and check that direction. She will not be getting out of the hospital for a few days. She had a heart valve surgery in 2002, so she does have heart problems. She has many pills that she takes for Diabetes 2 etc. She isn't in the best of health. So, yeah, I am a little concerned. I also so know that people grow old and the pass on. The timing of it is in the Lord's hands. Is that this time? One never knows for sure. I don't think it is but it a step towards that day somehow. Here is a picture of us a few years ago: Mom, Me, Kari (21), and Brittany (11) in clockwise order before she had the heart surgery. Please keep praying and thinking good thoughts. I really appreciate it. HUGS




3 comments:

Denise said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Danna, I will keep her in prayer today. My mom had heart surgery about 10 years ago and she's 82 now, I know what a worry it can be, but as you say, everything is in the Lord's hands and I like to remind myself (often) that worrying will not add a single day to our lives. We live one day at a time, and we trust in HIM.
I love the photo of you all, your mom looks wonderful and so do you.
:)
And thanks for sharing about your brothers, it's so nice to get to know not only our bloggy friends, but their families too :)
Have a great day sweetie,
hugs Denise

Darylynn said...

Hi Danna! What a nice family photo. I like the way it was posed. :) I hope the tests reveal what's wrong so they can get your mom on the road to recovery. I miss having siblings being an only child. Poor me! LOL! Hope you enjoy the warmer weather up there in Washington! Nice treat for you! (((Hugz)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Danna, Wow...has it really been about a week since I last visited??? The days kinda got away from me I guess. I am like your brother - I 'hate' my picture taken!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, & I hope that they find out what is wrong. It's hard to realize our parents are getting older & failing. It was so hard to see my Mom leave, but I know I will see her again.

I love looking at your pics - thanks for sharing. Sending you big hugs!