Yesterday (Riley and my birthday) was rather low key. I had been painting the master bedroom and my back had started to feel pulled. Because of the fumes from painting, we camped out in the living on our camping mats and I didn't get much sleep. However, I took Riley out for breakfast at Mom's Kitchen where I had breakfast with Susie on Monday. He had a big pancake with the smiley face. We also had a nap. Kari came over and we went to get a ice cream cone (an upside down cone that is a clown with a hat) for his birthday. He also got a big "Bumblebee" robot from his grandfather is California through the mail. So, despite the tonsils being taken out, he has had a good birthday. And so have I. It seems mine will last way into September this year.
I am painting the bedroom "Herbal Mist" a pastel green on three walls, and painting the head wall a darker green. It also had to match the green in the bathroom which has a little blue in it. My hope is to finish the painting this weekend. I went to a few places to see what valance I could buy for the windows and I haven't found anything I like yet. I am also thinking about if I would like to put up a border on the walls, but I would have to find the right one too. I guess a little online research is called for.
Riley and I today went to the store to buy the school supplies they will need to go to school with on Tuesday. There is quite the list... but in this case there are two lists. Brady goes to "Child Find" so he has one too. All but the clue sticks were found. I packed their backpacks with all of it. Thank God Riley is a strong kid. :-)

1 comment:
Hi Dana, Missed your blog yesterday morning. Wish you were painting Brit's room. It will be painted this Fall. Needs it very much. The kitchen as well. Lots to be done around this home. I am reading about the hurricane,which is a very powerful storm. I am also praying for all the folks there. Love Mom
Post a Comment