Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kent Cornucopia Days

I am writing these on my BlackBerry so I don't have pictures yet. For most of the day today, Kari was over with the Brady at about 11 am. She was on call for work but she didn't have to go. So she came over. The boys took a nap while we talked and looked at the computer. Later I went to the Kent Cornucopia Days to work at the college booth.

It was warm at the fair at first. We had taken 500 fans and we were out by the middle of the day (Saturday) giving them out. We have them every year so people were stopping in for a fan. We also had many people fill out applications. It was a nice evening.

One thing I did was buy a new family gag gift. We had this kung fu hamster that would be passed at Christmas or birthdays. You didn't know when it would pop up and tag you. Then if you get it in a gift, you hold on to it and put it a gift you give someone within the family. That person then does the same. Aunt Butchie got the hamster last year for her birthday. Christmas came and no one got the hamster. We asked Butchie where it was and she said she sent it to the Goodwill. Oops. No more hamster. We decided a new gag gift. Dave said that something like a beanie baby would be good since they are little.

At Kent I found a beanie baby booth and I shared with the women there in the bb booth what I was looking for. They showed me a gopher with a top hat. He is the famous "Phil" that tells us if there are 6 weeks of winter on Groundhogs day. He also has a bow tie and scarf. He is dressed for any occasion. I can't wait to see what the fam thinks about him on Sunday at the BBQ.

No comments: