Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Good Ole Summer Time


Today Summer decided to show itself... it may have reached 90 degrees. Yep, even here in Seattle. I had the boys today and we stayed in until later in the afternoon. Then we all took a trip to Costco (where else?). Then it was back home again to make some dinner. The boys were able to get in their little pool on the deck to cool off. This was taken about 5 pm or later, which is the warmest time of the day here. The sun is up these days for about 15 - 16 hours. It doesn't set until after 9 pm and it isn't dark until after 10 pm. Then the sun is up around 5 am. Of course it is reversed in the winter. I have often wondered what it is like in Alaska at this time of year. They have sun all the time.

I find myself listening to all the complaining that comes when we get hot weather here but then try to "tune it out". Of course, it isn't anything like So California or Las Vegas... even Sacramento was warmer when we were there a couple of weeks ago. I decided that I wouldn't even "go there" complaining like everyone else. I am going to simply enjoy summer time and all the fun it brings. I would like to learn to like the winter as well. I find this the best time of the year. I hope you are having a good time!

No comments: